Invoice and Statement Processing Service
Now you can outsource the processing of your invoices and statements to Commander Printed Products. Eliminate your staffing and equipment headaches — let us print, fold, sort and mail your bills.
A. Here are seven ways your company will save money and time by outsourcing your billing with Commander
1. Save employees’ time. During most company’s billing process, much of your employees’ time is spent printing, folding, inserting, sorting, handling, metering, and mailing your billing forms. Then, when that’s all done, they still have to sort and file away the extra copies for your records. With outsourcing, most of these duties are eliminated so your valuable personnel will be free to do more important, customer oriented duties.
2. Save on postage. By having our laser printer apply a personalized postnet barcode on each bill, you will receive first-class automated mail discount rates that average $60.00 per 1000 pieces less than regular postage — a savings of 6¢ each. You will save even more, 7¢ – 8¢ each, if your mailings are regionally concentrated. Here are some examples of what you can save annually in postage with a 6¢ discount:
3. Increase cash flow. We’ll get your bills in the mail days faster, since we bypass regular sorting at the post office. Not only is your mail often delivered two to three days sooner, your remittance envelope is also postnet bar coded so it comes back to you quicker.
4. Save time on remittance processing. We can add barcodes to your bills so you can automate your in-house remittance procedure, or we can add an OCR typeface to your bill so you can utilize a lockbox service through your bank (at local or multiple locations nationwide) for same day payment processing and deposit of checks.
5. Save on freight. If you are like most companies your invoices, statements, and envelopes are printed and shipped to you, and then billed in full, plus the freight cost. But with outsourcing, your forms and stock envelopes are manufactured at the same site as the mailing house. So there is no freight. You will easily save hundreds of dollars per year, plus we bill for forms and envelopes only as they’re used, not in advance (making it easier on your cash flow).
6. Save on warehousing space. Most likely you’re ordering invoices and/or statements, plus #10 enve-lopes and #9 reply envelopes. How are these items stored and then transported to your processing area? With our service, all printed items will be stored off-site at our processing facility, freeing up your space and saving you time.
7. Save on capital expenses. There’s no longer a need to purchase or lease special mail processing equipment or software. Now you can finally get away from those costly long-term equipment leases and service agreements.
B. Should Your Company Consider Outsourcing?
Though new technology is constantly striving to make our lives easier, keeping up with the latest processing equipment and software is both expensive and time consuming. The drain on office personnel, as well as the financial investment required to stay current, makes outsourcing of billing an attractive option for companies that prefer to stick to the business they know.
C. How You Can Reduce Customer Errors, Late Payments, and Incoming Customer Service Calls with Bills that are Easy to Read and Understand
Sometimes it’s the simple things that can upset customers and cause them to become dissatisfied. One common complaint is about the confusing, hard-to-read bills and notices they receive. Frustration increases when a consumer has to call in with a simple question, only to get lost in a company’s “voice mail jail” or to be put on endless hold.
Commander can help improve your customer service by sending a bill to your customer that is more concise, clear, and user friendly.
On many billing documents, the use of highlight typefaces to call attention to a few key words can make a major difference in the comprehension and timeliness of client response. By highlighting the phrases, “If you agree, don’t do anything,” “return the original,” and “send by,” you can substantially reduce your incoming phone calls for repetitive billing questions, while eliminating customer errors and late payments.
As an example, when a water company highlighted information on their statements, service calls from confused customers were significantly reduced and payments were speeded up — on average, their bills are now paid two days sooner. In addition, increased response to the initial billing resulted in a dramatic decrease in the number of past due reminders they had to mail out saving additional postage expense.
If you want important announcements, dollar amounts, or advertising copy to stand out, we can print like this:
Twice as Tall — bold — italic — ALL CAPS
You can use the typefaces shown above to highlight important information, such as balance information on monthly statements, notices to which you need a response, and messages that need to be clearly understood. For no additional cost, you can improve your customer service by enhancing customer understanding and clarifying important notices.
D. How to Maximize Your Marketing and “Up-Sell” Your Customers by Utilizing our Intelligent Inserter
Why your billing is a perfect vehicle to incorporate marketing and promotional information:
Here are some examples of unique inserting requests for which we have provided solutions:
E. How Commander Can Improve Your Document Management
With our outsourcing program, one of the services available to your company is the streamlining of your internal document management. We can organize the information your company needs and make it easy to access, all in a simple, cost-effective manner, providing benefits to all departments including accounting, customer service and sales. Here are just two ideas:
1. We can print and pre-sort your billing file copies.
Your file copies will arrive pre-cut and ready-to-file so your office personnel will save hours of time — no more bursting, decollating, sorting, or copying. Your filing will be done quicker and with higher accuracy.
2. You can digitally store and access your billing file copies using CD-ROM technology
F. The Advantages and Flexibility of Using our High-Speed Laser Printer
We can print on a wide variety of paper stocks:
G. How To Transform Your Billing into a Profit Center
Think about it. What would some of your suppliers or vendors pay to have only their advertising piece sent directly to the home or businesses of your client base? As an example, if you were a hospital, would a pharmaceutical company be interested in putting their flyer with discount coupons for an over-the-counter pain reliever in the hands of the hospital’s 3,000 monthly patients? Or, if you were a hotel in a remote resort area, would one of the two competing airport shuttle services like to enclose their discount flyer in the confirmation notice being mailed to your soon-to-be-arriving hotel guests?
Use your imagination (and your vendor list) to come up with more revenue generating ideas like these.
Commander Printed Products
3450 Camino Del Sol • Oxnard, CA 93030
Phone: (800) 722-3676 • Fax: (805) 988-6880